Starazolin® HydroBalance PPH artificial tear
(sodium hyaluronate, 1 mg/ml solution)
Moisturising eye drops, 2x5 ml, 1x5 ml
Instructions for use / Package leaflet
Polfa Warszawa S.A
WARNING: This leaflet contains information on the safe use of eye drops. Read it and keep it, as you may need the information contained in it for future reference.
Sodium hyaluronate, sodium chloride, boric acid, sodium tetraborate, sodium edetate, polyhexanide (PHMB), high purity water.
Starazolin HydroBalance PPH Eye Drops provide an effective and long-lasting moisturizing effect. They quickly relieve dry eyes, irritation, symptoms of strained eyes and a feeling similar to sand under the eyelids.
Starazolin HydroBalance PPH is particularly recommended in the following situations:
- Eyes exposed to irritants such as dust, smoke or ultraviolet radiation, heat (central heating, sauna), air conditioning, wind, cosmetics, chlorinated water
- Decreased blink rate caused by watching TV, reading, or in people who need permanent vision correction, e.g. working in front of a monitor, driving a vehicle, etc.
- Inadequate tear production or when the composition of the tear changes, e.g. dry eye syndrome, and over 40 years of age
- In contact lens wearers
Starazolin HydroBalance PPH Eye Drops can be used with any type of contact lens.
Sterile - made under aseptic conditions.
Instructions for use: the product is self-administered by the user. For external use only.
Wash hands before applying the product. Starazolin HydroBalance PPH eye drops should be dropped into the conjunctival sac. The usual dose is 1 or 2 drops 3 to 5 times daily. Do not touch the tip of the dropper as this may cause contamination of the contents of the reservoir.
If symptoms persist or worsen during use of the eye drop, discontinue use after removal of the irritating foreign body and consult an ophthalmologist.
Contraindications: Do not use Starazolin HydroBalance PPH Eye Drops if you have a confirmed hypersensitivity to any of its ingredients.
- Before using the product, check the expiry date on the packaging. Do not use the eye drops after the expiry date.
- Check the integrity of the packaging before the first use. If the foil liner of the cap is damaged, do not use the product.
- Do not use the eye drop if the solution changes colour or becomes opalescent.
- Screw the cap tightly back on the bottle after each application.
- Eye drops should be used within 8 weeks of the first opening.
- Store at a maximum of 25°C.
- Keep out of reach of children!
- If you use other eye drops, always use Starazolin HydroBalance PPH last and always wait 5 minutes after the previous eye drop before applying
- Do not mix or dilute Starazolin HydroBalance PPH Eye Drops with any other liquid, as this may adversely affect the sterility and effectiveness of the eye drops.
- Contact lens wearers should consult an ophthalmologist before using any ophthalmic products.
- Very rarely, patients with damaged corneas have developed opaque spots on the cornea (the transparent part of the eye in front of the pupil) due to calcium deposition.
The product is generally well tolerated by users. Some may experience reddening of the cornea, burning sensation in the eye or temporary blurred vision. If the discomfort or irritation persists, stop using the eye drops and consult an ophthalmologist.
Polfa Warszawa S.S.
ul. Karolkowa 22/24
01-207 Warszawa, Poland
Packaging information: 2x5 ml, 1x5 ml
Not all packs are necessarily commercially available.
Date of production of the instructions for use: January 2017.