Content: 5 vials Progent A solution, 5 vials Progent B solution, contact lens holder
Orders ship same day (if received before 15.00) from our UK warehouse, delivery is 2 days with Royal Mail 2nd class tracked.
Menicon Progent removes protein and is used for gas-permeable rigid contact lenses. Progen Intensive cleaner is a combination of 2 sterile solutions - Progent A (sodium hypochlorite, sodium carbonate, sodium hydroxide, purified water) and Progent B (potassium bromide, sodium carbonate, purified).
Let the lenses soak in Progent hard contact lens solution for up to 30 minutes. Soaking the lenses for more than 30 minutes is not recommended. After using the protein cleaner solution, it is recommended to rinse the lenses with a saline solution or a cleaning solution for hard lenses. Progent treatment is recommended every 2 weeks, but it is recommended to confirm the frequency with a specialist.
Do not use Progent intensive cleanser if you are allergic to any of its ingredients. Do not use the product with soft lenses, including hydrogel or silicone-hydrogel.
How to use Menicon Progent Protein Remover solution
CAUTION! Do not allow the Progent solution to touch your skin, eyes or clothes. Use only saline or special solutions for rinsing hard lenses and never use tap water. Wash your hands before touching the lenses.
- Rinse the lenses thoroughly with Menicare cleaning solution.
- Place the lenses on top of the special holder for them, the left lens - Left / L and the right lens - Right / R before mixing the solutions.
- Open the Progent A solution and pour in the bottom of the holder. Discard the container. Open the Progent B solution and pour into the holder and discard the container.
- Close the lid of the holder tightly and shake lightly a few times.
- Leave the lenses in the Progent A+B mixed solution for 30 minutes. But not more than 30 minutes. CAUTION: Do not touch the lenses before rinsing.
- Remove the cover of the Progent holder and leave the lenses in the special lens holder. Discard the Progent mixed solution in the sink as the water flows.
- Rinse the lenses with saline solution or Menicare Pure / Menicare Plus.
- Rinse the Progent substrate with saline and leave it to dry.
- Always wash your hands before touching contact lenses.
- Use the Progent hard contact lens solution immediately after mixing and discard immediately after cleaning the lenses. Never reuse the solution.
- Do not leave the lens in the solution for more than 30 minutes as it may discolour the lens.
- Use only the lens holder included in the package.
- Use before the expiry date which is stated on the box.
- Do not use with soft contact lenses.
- Do not apply the Progent solution directly to the eyes or nose.
- Do not pour the Progent solution on clothes.
- Avoid skin contact.
- Do not swallow the Progent solution.
- Store at room temperature.
Adverse reactions and how to proceed
The following problems may occur: stinging in the eyes, burning or itching (irritation), comfort is less than when the lens was first placed on the eye, the sensation of something in the eye (foreign body, scratched area), excessive tearing of the eye, unusual eye secretions, redness of the eye, reduced vision (poor visual acuity), blurred vision, rainbows or halos around objects, sensitivity to light (photophobia) or dry eyes.
If you notice any of the above, REMOVE the LENS IMMEDIATELY.
- If the lens is damaged in any way, DO NOT REINSERT.
- If the lens does not appear to be damaged and there is no discomfort or problems, clean it thoroughly, rinse and disinfect the lens, and then reinsert it. If any discomfort or problem occurs, remove the lens IMMEDIATELY and consult a specialist to identify the problem and, if necessary, get treatment to avoid serious eye damage.
- If Menicon Progent solution is accidentally inserted into the eyes or nose, wash thoroughly for about 1 minute with sterile saline. Consult your eye care specialist or other specialist and, if necessary, obtain treatment to avoid serious damage.
- If the Progent intensive cleaner is accidentally swallowed, drink plenty of water. Seek immediate medical attention.
- If Progent lens cleaning solution s accidentally spilt on the skin, rinse thoroughly with tap water for about 1 minute.